Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm so Old...

I just realized how old I'm getting. o_o. I'm no longer a kid anymore. =P boooo. Next year I"ll be going to university.. ahh...this is just happening way too fast. I also realized how unprepared I am for my last year. I should have been applying for scholarships in the summer!! not now...when homeworks piling up like ther's no tomorrow. ANd...I should have done alot better last year. -_-. Especially math...which is usually the subject that pulls everything up. But nope..not last year. And now scholarships are all asking for my grade 11 mark. o_o. So advice for ya'll fellow youngings....don't screw up in grade 11. It also helps you with early acceptance from unis. So yeah...I made a mistake and I can't go back...but if others do better than me, than i'll be happier. =)

yarse...I've been thinking of what I want to go in recently and now..I really don't know anymore. At first I was thinking of either going into pharmacy after taking a few years of life sciences, but the scary thing is that if the pharmacy program doesn't accept me after a few years of life science...I'll be so screwed. And... with only a life science degree, I dont think I can do much. =/ My second option is accounting....but the thing is, everyone I asked doesn't really like it cuz it's so stressful and everything. Some people even switched out of accounting and purused another career. SOOO...basically I dont know what to do anymore. Actually, I was thinking of going to UC San Francisco cuz then I could go straight into the Pharm D program ...and it's only about 6 years! =D But then I would have to take my sats. And I didn't even take them yet...nor did I even pick up the chunky sat book and start reading. o_o. Even if I do...I don't think I will be able to take the test in time. The dates for the test are Nov 4, Dec 22, Jan 27, Mar 10, May 5, Jun 22. I clearly can't do November 4 cuz I didnt' even start reading. I can't do dec. 22 cuz I'll be on an airplane to hk. I guess I could do Jan. 27, but that's around my exam week. The next date that I could write it is March 10, but by that time, university applications would be over. o_o. So um..yeah, I'm screwed. -_-

I was also looking at other professions that I could take like after a few years of life sciences like chiropractician or a radiologist. I think I might have to result in pursuing those instad. I'm not sure actually.... =/ hmmmm I've had major mood swings lately like yesterday...I was looking at the worship power point...and I just started crying all of a sudden...I couldn't stop....and my eyesight has gone sooo bad. It's really weird. I can barely see the computer screen now. haha. I have to stick my face close to the monitor so that I can see what I'm typing...even now.! lol Wow..i dont know what I'm going to do in a big lecture hall in uni. The thing is, I dont want to renew my glasses cuz I dont want my vision to get worse. I'd rather be semi-blind now. o_o and not blind for the rest of my life. =D Or maybe i"ll just get contacts...I kinda really need it for lifeguarding. I can't see anything...not even the people's faces. =S. haha. Let's just hope that no one drowns. =)

9 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

you '89 baby =P
ahh...you guys are all going to university NEXT year..actually in less than a year...*shivers*
wow..everything seems so stressful now..all these applications, and homework =(
i'll be praying for you, and all the other girls...and jonc too =)
i'll especially pray that God will show you which program to go into.
=\...haha..ya, let's hope no one drowns..haha..

6:02 PM  
Blogger Elena said...

you could go into life sciences, fail to get into pharmacy, but achieve the asian dream of being a doctor! lol... sorry i don't think that's helpful. I'm not very good at saying helpful things. maybe i could send some happy vibes your way. yes i'll have to get irene on this. she's very encouraging as im sure you've noticed.

i also am trying to wear my glasses less often so my eyesight doesnt get worse haha. =P

7:52 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

hahaha *elena's happy vibes* <-- I've heard many happy things about those...

I'm not sure, but for me, when I kept taking my glasses off, I found my eyesight got worse quicker, because my eyes constantly had to re-adjust and strain to see stuff. :( My problem, though, is that I love to read without my glasses - sometimes my glasses make the letters fuzzy (am i getting old too?! that must be a sign...). *Sigh* now I'm stuck at some number... I don't really remember...:) I don't like sticking things in my eyes, so contacts don't really work for me. Maybe you could try them? Perhpas they have some trial run phases or something! And you're right, they would probably help for lifeguarding! (I'm pretty sure the drowing people would be happy that you can see them, too, whether it be glasses or contacts) :P

9:50 PM  
Blogger Elena said...

so i was thinking about your situation because i was bothered by the fact that i had nothing really to say but then i remembered, we're supposed to be fearless! hhahah that's our theme for fellowship and we've fogotten so easily. if you're thinking of going into pharmacy, the fact that you're afraid that you might not get in shouldn't be the reason you shy away from doing it. I mean if that's only of 100000 reasons, fair enough. But you should have a little faith in yourself and a lot of faith in God that He knows what's best for you and that if your fears do come true and you're stuck in a bad situation He will keep the lions from eating you haha. but yeah, have a little faith in yourself. I'm not doing so good at school right now so I'm trying to believe in myself as well =P

but dre, seriously, just follow your dreams (ahhah so cheesy) & I have faith in you!!

7:37 PM  
Blogger jonchen said...

YES! the girls + JONC, hahaha, because you can't just say all girls because i dont FIT AS A GIRL ANDREA NG! hhaha maureen you 90 baaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeh, i'll pray for you too andrea, not like i haven't...and you can't make a bigger mistake than me...don't get all blah ...and speaking of screwed...i think i'm really screwed =/, which is NOT GOOD...i just don't get math...i'm so bad at it, not your typical asian sterotype =]and just do...what you enjoy, and that's much better, much much much better than some other job that would pay high
just..renew your glasses now, you would only make it worse if you're semi-blind, speaking of that i need to renew my glasses to...but that's in the winter time, and i'll be getting contacts, that's gonna be so weird =S

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

what?! you're getting contacts?!?!?

3:01 PM  
Blogger jonchen said...

oh yes i am getting contacts, haha
have a problem with that? =], maybe get the ones that make my eyes pink! HAWT PINK!!! WEEEEE =] and then i could wear sunglasses =O

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

uh...then it'd look like you're on a drug overdose or something... :P

ooo you should get the white ones, so you look like jordie laforge... and then wear sunglasses on top of that...so when somebody comes and asks you a question, you lift up your sunglasses and start talking to them hahaahha

9:26 PM  
Blogger jonchen said...

noo way <_<
well, i dunno i'll look like a freak! hahaha, my parents wouldnt let me get other colours probably...so clear ones it is =]

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home